6 Facts Everyone should know about Cerebral Palsy

Thursday, September 03, 2015 Unknown 1 Comments


By Scott Tamarkin

The term “cerebral palsy” (CP) is a blanket term that refers to any occurrence of loss or impairment of motor function. Cerebral palsy affects muscle tone, movement, fine and gross motor skills, reflex, posture and balance. It can also affect vision, hearing and speech problems, as well as learning disabilities.
It “is usually caused by brain damage that occurs before or during a child’s birth, or during the first 3 to 5 years of a child’s life” (Kidshealth.org) and it is one of the most common congenital disorders of childhood. It is estimated that 500,000 American children under the age of 18 have cerebral palsy.

Cerebral Palsy does not define a person

  • “People with cerebral palsy are exactly that. People. Just like everybody else. They love, laugh, cry and live. Just like everybody else. My four year old daughter is not defined by her CP. We are bringing her up so that SHE will define IT.” – Ellen on Facebook
  • “CP is a part of [my daughter] but she is and will not ever be defined by it.” – Cheryl on Facebook
  • “CP is a condition that needs attention but it’s not the person. If people could just spend some time to get to know him their lives would be enriched, as ours have been.” – Robyn on Facebook
  • “My son lives with CP, but it does not define him.” – Mrboosmum on the blog

Cerebral Palsy is not an illness

  • “People do not ‘suffer with CP’ as the Daily Mail would put it. It is not an illness.” – Catherine on Facebook
  • “It’s not a disease and you can’t catch it!” – Kerryanne on Facebook
  • “They should know that you can’t catch CP and that people with CP do – contrary to popular belief – have pride in their appearances.” – Rachel on Facebook
  • “You can’t catch cerebral palsy, you can talk to me x” – Lesley on Facebook

Talk to a person with Cerebral Palsy the same as you would to anyone else

  • “Just because the body might not work, don’t think that the brain don’t work either!” – Suzanne on Facebook
  • “People should respect you, it’s not our fault we have it.” – Deborah on Facebook
  • “Just because someone has CP, it doesn’t mean they are deaf or don’t understand what you say. Speak directly to someone, not about them, and not to their carer as if they aren’t present.” – Nadine on the blog....
Read more at Medical Treatment Guide.

http://medicaltreatmentguidance.net/6-facts-everyone-should-know-about-cerebral-palsy/

1 comment:

  1. Hello to everyone reading this , My name is CONNOR BELLA am from LONDON (UK) , i was once diagnosed with ALS but now am cured , want to share this great and wonderful testimony to the general public on how i got cured from ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) by DR IMONAH healing herbal medicine , I have been suffering from ALS for good 3 years now and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the constant pain, especially in my Body system , my spinal cord to my voluntary muscles of my body . all I have in my mind is let me just give up because life was no longer intestine to me any more but I just pray to God every day to accept my soul when ever I die, luckily to me , my MUM ran to me that she had found a doctor in the internet who can cure ALS , HERPES , HEPATITIS B , LUPUS, and HIV/AIDS,CHRONIC PAIN ) she helped me out in everything, the great DR IMONAH only ask for my Details and how to get Medicine , so that he can prepare a Herbal medicine for me and send it to me in my country , which he did.. so after two days of getting the medicine and taking it as prescribe to me from him , I started getting more stronger my blood started flowing normally , my voluntary muscles of my body was getting strong , my spinal cord , every thing in my body was now working fine , i started experiencing changes all over my Body system as the great DR IMONAH assured me , then my MUM told the DOCTOR my experience , from there DR IMONAH my MUM that i should go for medical check up that i have been cured , i show so many changes i was walking fine now , so after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed , behold it was TRUE and i was very Happy , so i say if you been sick of ALS i advice you all to contact him on Via mail at (drimonahspiritualtemple@gmail.com) he is there waiting to help you All he can also cure HERPES , HEPATITIS B , LUPUS , HIV/AIDS ,CHRONIC PAIN or any kind of sickness he can get any type of illness cured....his a nice person God sent ...THANKS DR IMONAH GOD WILL BLESS YOU .





    ReplyDelete