THINGS NOT TO SAY TO SOMEONE WITH DEPRESSION OR ANXIETY

Thursday, January 16, 2014 SPORK! 0 Comments

It’s a well-documented fact that I suffer from anxiety and occasional episodes of depression. I used to find that hard to say, but thanks to the bravery of so many bloggers, celebrities, writers, all-round amazing human beings, their inspirational work has reduced (but unfortunately not entirely eliminated) the stigma around mental health issues.
While I live very well with my anxiety, it is still very much a part of my character. Years of talking therapy, CBT and a lot of hard work have made it more like an irritating itch that I live with. I’ve learned that an episode will pass, and that the stories my panicked brain can conjure up are mostly fiction. But most importantly, through the well-meaning attempts of others, I’ve learned quite a few things not to say to someone suffering from a mental illness. 
View the full list at Darling Lovely Life
(http://darlinglovelylife.com/2014/01/things-not-to-say-to-someone-with-depression-or-anxiety/)

0 comments: